Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cold day today...warm up?

It was in the upper single digits to mid teens this morning as high pressure settled near the area. Now temperatures have warmed into the 20's, and I am expecting highs to top out in the upper 20's and 30's. The good news is the sun will be out all day.

Temperatures tonight wont be all that cold with lows in the 20's. A warm air mass heads our way late tonight and tomorrow as a warm front pushed through. Take a look at the current temperture map:

Here is where I think the location of the front will be by noon on Friday
I think highs will rise into the 50's tomorrow with 60's just to the southwest of Kansas City. Temperatures will drop late Friday afternoon, and Friday night maybe back into the teens and lower 20's. I think there is a possibilty of 20's dominating the highs on Saturday. High pressure will settle in Saturday night right overhead and I think temperatures will drop into the single digits north of I-70.
We are going to experience another big warm up Sunday though Wednesday, and possibly Thursday. All I am going to say about next week is that it looks very very interesting.
Alex Pickman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home